Extravaganza 2020 Registration Information
We are excited to have you register for the Extravaganza! This is going to be a great event…all the more so because you will be a part of it!
Things to know before you register…
Are you from one of our resource or partner organizations and are interested in having a table or a display in our Exhibit Hall? Click here for more information or to register.
The Network works really hard to keep the costs as low and affordable as possible. The fees that are paid actually cover approximately 60% of the cost of the event. The rest is made up by grants and donations. Our registration fees are significantly discounted for current Network members. Not a member? Join the Network here!
Early Bird Registration Rate
(ends October 15, 2019)
For current Network members.
August 1 – October 15
Standard Registration Rate
(ends December 15, 2019)
For current Network members.
October 16 – December 15
Late Registration Rate
(after December 15, 2019)
For current Network members.
December 16 – January 30
For those who are attending the Extravaganza as a part of the Network's Multicultural Initiative. You must have the special registration code to access this registration rate. More information on this program can be found at elcaymnet.org/multicultural.
Your spouse pays 1/2 the registration rate that you pay, depending on when you register.
For spouse/partner of registered participant. Please note, this special rate is reserved for spouses/partners, not for co-workers, neighbors, or others. Thanks for understanding!
Full-time Student Registration Rate
For full-time college and seminary students who are current Network members.
Retired Registration Rate
For Network members retired from active ministry.
Discipling Cohort Coaches Rate
For those serving as Coaches in the Network’s “Discipling Cohorts Initiative.” Need code to register.
Non-Member Registration Rate
This is the registration rate for people who are not members of the Network. But you also might want to do the math...it's cheaper to just join the Network and pay the membership rate. We’d love to have you join! Get more info at www.elcaymnet.org/join.
Scholarships are available. Click here for more information and to apply. Please do not register for Extravaganza 2020 until you receive confirmation of scholarship assistance and the code to use!
During the registration process you will be asked if you would like to add items to your registration for a fee:
As you plan your budget, you will be responsible for your own housing costs, meals and transportation. Check the schedule for meals and snacks that will be provided during the program. Transportation discounts are available. It is recommended you make your room reservation as early as possible to ensure availability. Room rates are not guaranteed after January 5, 2020.
How to Afford the Extravaganza Please share any ideas you have in the ELCA Youth Ministry Network Facebook Group!
- Approach leaders in your congregation who care deeply about ministry with young people and ask for their investment. “We’re wondering if you might be interested in making a long term investment in the quality of our ministry with young people by helping to underwrite a special training we want to send our youth minister to?”
- Ask business people in your congregation who travel a lot if they might be willing to gift frequent flyer miles to the church to help get you to the Extravaganza.
- Apply for a scholarship from the Network.
- With permission from your church council or youth committee, incorporate the cost of the Extravaganza in your fundraising for your summer mission trip, camps or other events. Better leaders make better faith formation events for young people!
- Save on meal costs: Is your synod or other organization you are part of providing a meal or reception during the Extravaganza? Breakfast in the room: bring oatmeal, breakfast bars and other grab and go items like you do for youth events. Meet up with others and have food delivered for a fun way to Network and get fed at the same time.
How to Register
- Click on the Register Now! button at the top of this page to go to the registration page.
- Once you fill out the registration page, you will be taken to an online payment page. If you are paying by credit card, you can do so there. If you are paying by check, you will receive an invoice by e-mail automatically. You can use that invoice to make your payment.
- Yes, you can bring along your spouse/partner! They can register as a "guest" and take part in the Extravaganza for one-half the rate you pay! Please note, this special "guest" rate is reserved for spouses/partners, not for co-workers, neighbors, or others. Thanks for understanding!)
- If you have applied for scholarship assistance, please do not register until you receive confirmation of the scholarship and a registration code from the scholarship coordinator.
- Some folks ask if they can register early to take advantage of the less expensive rate, but then pay after January 1, in the new budget year. Absolutely! Once you receive your invoice, please hang on to it, and email our registrar, Laurie Hoium, to let her know you will be paying after January 1, just so that she knows.
- Please note: Our online registration does take Visa and Mastercard. We do not take Discover or American Express. (Yes, the Discover and American Express logos do appear on the bank charge page...we are unable to remove that...but we don't take them. Sorry for any inconvenience!)
- Please make sure you understand our cancellation policy before you register.
- Once you register, you will need to make your own housing reservations. Please visit our housing page to take advantage of our deeply discounted room rates.